Berber Ethiopian Spice Mix 70g
Spices, salt, dehydrated vegetable
This product contains no known allergens
Berber Chicken with Lentils
2-3 tablespoons Spice Mix
3 cups water
2 cups diced onions
5 cloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
2 tablespoon olive oil
1 cup Indigo, French Green or Beluga Caviar lentils
1 cup diced carrot
1 cup diced tomato
6 chicken thighs (skin-on)
Salt & Pepper
1) Preheat the oven to 180 C
2) Use frying pan to sauté the onions, carrots, garlic and ginger until tender in 2 tablespoons of olive oil (5-7 minutes)
3) Add 2-3 tablespoons Spice Mix and sauté (2-3 minutes)
4) Add 1 cup lentils, 1 cup diced tomatoes, 1 teaspoon salt and 3 cups water, bring to a boil, cover, turn heat to low and let cook until al dente. (30 minutes)
5) marinate chicken all sides with salt and pepper
6) Heat 1 Tbsp oil in a heavy bottom frypan, on medium high heat, place chicken skin side down & sear until crispy & golden on both sides (6-8 min)
Serve over a bed of lentils
Make a Dip out of it!
You can use natural yoghurt, sour cream, mayonnaise or some cream cheese (use 100 mL).
Also nice with:
Great with African cooking or any other dish.
Is great on any meat, chicken or lamb.
Simply sprinkle on before cooking or after cooking.
Use one (1) teaspoon per piece of meat.